[dpdk-dev] [RFC] kni: remove single mempool, single mem_chunk restriction

Ajeet Gill (ajgill) ajgill at cisco.com
Tue Sep 26 02:51:33 CEST 2017

Hello Ferruh,
 I see there might be issue with multi-chunk mempools in the KNI kernel driver.
It looks like the logic of calculating the addresses is as following the below method:

Va-Pa=Vb-Pb.

where V’s are the Virtual addresses and P’s are the physical addresses.
But this formula may not be true for multi-chunk mempools.

I have seen kernel crashes when trying to access the multi-segmented buffers on KNI interface.
I have a working patch for the issue.
I will submit it for review.

Thanks
Ajeet