[dpdk-dev] How to run tests

Burakov, Anatoly anatoly.burakov at intel.com
Thu Aug 9 17:54:36 CEST 2018

On 09-Aug-18 2:54 PM, Vivian Kong wrote:
> Thanks Anatoly.
>
> Is there a set of tests I can run to verify the build?

Generally, most unit tests in the test app will do what you require.
Additionally, if you're using make build system, you can run "make test"
and it'll run an autotest script. Some tests may fail for various
reasons (additional setup requirements for KNI tests, multiprocess
issues affecting EAL flags and multiprocess autotests...), but generally
that command can be used to "verify the build".

That said, it is by no means an exhaustive test, because most of DPDK
functionality of interest will require setting up traffic forwarding -
unit tests do very limited testing of that for obvious reasons.

> Regards,
>
> Vivian Kong
> Linux on z Systems Open Source Ecosystem
> IBM Canada Toronto Lab
>
> Inactive hide details for "Burakov, Anatoly" ---2018/08/09 04:48:33
> AM---On 08-Aug-18 9:10 PM, Vivian Kong wrote: >"Burakov, Anatoly"

Anatoly