[dpdk-dev] [RFC 1/1] eventdev: add distributed software (DSW) event device

Mattias Rönnblom mattias.ronnblom at ericsson.com
Thu Aug 23 15:08:29 CEST 2018

On 2018-08-19 08:11, Jerin Jacob wrote:
 > I would like to include this driver for v18.08. Please send the next
 > the version in order to complete review before giving RC1 pull request.

I've been working on a test bench with real packet I/O and some more
reasonable load to verify load balancing behavior and tune some
parameters to let it have a chance to perform in a real-world application.

Currently, the only experience comes from a pipeline simulator without
real I/O, and where new packets are always available, plus some very
limited experience from a prototype integration in a real product.

All this to feel somewhat comfortable it will perform in a product.

I think 18.08 will be difficult. When would you need to have something
ready to meet that deadline?

Best regards,
	Mattias