[dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board meeting 2018-09-12
bruce.richardson at intel.com
Mon Dec 3 18:04:33 CET 2018
Technical Board meeting Minute for 2018-09-12
1. New Technical Board Member
* Maxime Coquelin has been offered a place on the technical board and has accepted the role.
* Thomas to add Maxime to the techboard mailing list and website list
2. Minimum Kernel version for DPDK
* Current policy that we should support the "oldest long term stable kernel available" was felt to be generally acceptable
* However, it was also the consensus that DPDK should support kernel versions in current versions of enterprise Linux distros (e.g. Redhat, SuSE, Ubuntu), even if they are older.
3. Security Process - review discussions @ Dublin Summit
* Mailing list will be created "security at dpdk.org", going to main tree committers
* Need to create support in Bugzilla for tracking security issues in a secure manner.
* Full security process to be created/written based on what LF and fd.io currently have. Maxime to lead the effort with help from others.
* Consensus on hosting this as part of the main DPDK project.
* Interested participants [Konstantin, Hemant, Jerin], to discuss specifics of interaction with security library etc. on mailing list.
5. Updated website
* General discussion of website, concern about hardware list and it being out of date.
* Ask for maintainers to send regular updates to the website when needed.
More information about the dev