[dpdk-dev] Minutes of tech-board meeting 2017-12-20
hemant.agrawal at nxp.com
Sun Jan 14 12:57:37 CET 2018
Date: 20 Dec 2017
Bruce, Hemant, Konstantin, Olivier, Thomas, Yuanhan, Stephen
Topic: Licensing progress
* Discussion about the format of SPDX tag line. Should we choose "/*" or "//" as used by kernel?
* We concluded to use "/*" for SPDX tag in first line. If any issue will come in future w.r.t kernel tools, it will be a trivial change.
Topic: Technical Board Membership
* Jan has resigned.
* Bruce recommended Ferruh as new member of TB as he is also the co-maintainer of DPDK. Others suggested to checkout if we can get a person from distro side.
* Currently we are not seeing noticeable contributions from distro side. We need a person with knowledge of range of areas of DPDK and "seen as a leader" in the community.
* It was also discussed if we want to expand the size of Board.
* Finally, Ferruh (Intel) was elected as a new member of DPDK Technical Board.
* 2018-01-17 @ 3pm UTC (Note: No TB meeting on 2018-01-03)
* Jerin to chair discussion
More information about the dev