[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 14/07/2018

Mcnamara, John john.mcnamara at intel.com
Mon Jun 18 10:41:27 CEST 2018

DPDK Release Status Meeting 14/07/2018
======================================

Minutes from the weekly DPDK Release Status Meeting.

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send me and email and I will send you the invite.

Minutes 14 June 2018
--------------------

Agenda:

* Subtrees
* Reviews
* Bugzilla
* LTS GAP
* Design Review

Participants:

* Intel
* Cavium
* Mellanox
* 6Wind
* Broadcom

Subtrees
--------

* Next-Net - Started taking some patches.
* Next-Crypto - Nothing applied yet but 40 patches pending.
  103 patches outstanding in Crypto and Compression.
* Next-virtio -No update.
* Next-Eventdev - Has started pulling in patches.
* Next-Ip-pipeline - No update.
* Master - Will pull trees at end on Friday/Saturday.

Bugzilla
--------

* We need a volunteer to manage the DPDK Bugzilla:
  https://dpdk.org/tracker/
* Main task will be to review incoming defects and make sure they are
  assigned to the right maintainer.
* The number of new defects is currently small so this shouldn't take more
  than a 1-2 hours per week.
* If there isn't a volunteer then we will circulate the role, for each
  release, between the main contributing companies.

LTS Maintainer Gap
------------------

* The current LTS/Stable releases and maintainers are:
  http://dpdk.org/dev/roadmap#stable ::

    Version    Date           End of life       Maintainer

    16.11.8    Aug 14 2018    Nov 2018 (LTS)    Luca Boccassi
    17.11.3    Jun 15 2018    Nov 2019 (LTS)    Yuanhan Liu
    18.02.2    Jun 15 2018    Jun 2018          Luca Boccassi
    18.05.1    Aug 24 2018    Aug 2018          Christian Ehrhardt
    18.08.1    Nov 16 2018    Nov 2018          Looking for volunteer
    18.11.1    Jan 11 2019    Nov 2020 (LTS)    Kevin Traynor

* Yuanhan will be stepping down after the next 17.11.x release.
* We are looking for another volunteer.
* Also many thanks to the current LTS/Stable maintainers.

Design Reviews

* If anyone would like to have an online design review/discussion of a
  proposal for an new feature let me know and I will set it up. For examples,
  if they have an RFC that could be better explained over a call with some
  slides. We have very good discussions at the DPDK Userspace event and it
  would be good to have similar discussions from time to time on major new
  features.