[dpdk-dev] [RFC] net/ixgbe: fix Tx descriptor status api

Zhang, Qi Z qi.z.zhang at intel.com
Wed Jun 27 15:38:36 CEST 2018

Hi Oliver

I think the problem in ixgbe_xmit_pkts is, we cannot guarantee tx_rs_thresh *n -1 will always get RS bit.
Because the next tx_rs_thresh cycle counted start from the last segment of the packet that cross the boundary, it could be any value.

So probably we should return -ENOSUP if pkt_tx_burst = ixgbe_xmit_pkts,  or we need to change the method that write RS in ixgbe_xmit_pkts.

Btw, yes, we should look before the tail but not after, you fix is correct.

Thanks
Qi