[dpdk-dev] KNI PCIe number and VLAN Stripping

Yasuhiro Ohara yasu at nttv6.jp
Mon Mar 19 02:10:41 CET 2018

Hi.

It is much appreciated if someone could answer the following questions.

1. Regarding KNI, what is the reasoning of giving the PCI device
number information when setting kni I/F ? Can the data be blank or
dummy ? I would like to create a virtual I/F inside my application
and its corresponding kni, which may not have the corresponding
physical PCIe slot.

2. the ETHER/VLAN/ARP packet looks not-supported both
in mbuf_ptype(RTE_PTYPE_XXX in m->packet_type) and
in PKT_RX_VLAN_STRIPPED situation.
  2a. How can we encode in m->packet_type to indicate there are
      arp_hdr after the (ether_hdr,vlan_hdr) pair ?
  2b. How can we get the next header value (i.e. ether_proto in
      vlan_hdr) when the vlan_hdr is stripped by the NIC ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Yasu