[dpdk-dev] ethdev new offloading API switch in PMDs

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Wed May 2 15:27:33 CEST 2018

On 5/2/2018 1:52 PM, Shahaf Shuler wrote:
> Wednesday, May 2, 2018 11:47 AM, Ferruh Yigit:
>> Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] ethdev new offloading API switch in PMDs
>>
>> On 5/2/2018 6:34 AM, Shahaf Shuler wrote:
>>> Tuesday, May 1, 2018 5:01 PM, Ferruh Yigit:

>>> Full removal of txq_flags can be done only after we will mitigate the
>> "queue offloads must match port offload" constrain.
>>
>> Why? What is the relation of the flag and constrain?
>
> The PMD has to know if to verify port offloads and queue offload correlation.
> It is done by looking on the ETH_TXQ_FLAGS_IGNORE flag.

Perhaps I am missing something but why done looking ETH_TXQ_FLAGS_IGNORE flag?

ETH_TXQ_FLAGS_IGNORE flag means application is using new API and "offloads"
variable is valid instead of "txq_flags"

ethdev uses this information to convert "txq_flags" to "offloads", for PMD
"offloads" are always valid.

PMD can check [rt]xmode->offloads (port offloads) and [rt]xq->offloads (queue
offloads) to verify between port and queue offloads. What is missing in this check?