[dpdk-dev] Question about rte_manage_timer() and eal_intr_handle_interrupts

Somnath Kotur somnath.kotur at broadcom.com
Sat Nov 3 03:36:13 CET 2018

Thank you Anatoly and keith for your replies. What i still don't get is why
the two  cannot seem to co-exist?
That is , whenever this while loop was running in the EAL thread that i
showed in the code, my driver would stop receiving interrupts/async events
...Do we understand that?
But you are right Anatoly, i need something to be called in my driver at a
cadence of ~2s, I was registering timers in my driver and running
rte_timer_manage() in this seperate thread to check  and ensure the
callbacks are executed on expiry.
so if you are saying, i can achieve same functionality using rte_alarm()
while i can get async events in my driver at the same time, i will explore
this option
Thanks a lot

Som