[dpdk-dev] Application used for DSW event_dev performance testing

Venky Venkatesh vvenkatesh at paloaltonetworks.com
Wed Nov 14 20:16:30 CET 2018

Hi,

https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2018-September/111344.html mentions that there is a sample application where “worker cores can sustain 300-400 million event/s. With a pipeline
with 1000 clock cycles of work per stage, the average event device
overhead is somewhere 50-150 clock cycles/event”. Is this sample application code available?

We have written a similar simple sample application where 1 core keeps enqueuing (as NEW/ATOMIC) and n-cores dequeue (and RELEASE) and do no other work. But we are not seeing anything close in terms of performance. Also we are seeing some counter intuitive behaviors such as a burst of 32 is worse than burst of 1. We surely have something wrong and would thus compare against a good application that you have written. Could you pls share it?

Thanks
--Venky