[dpdk-dev] DPDK techboard minutes of October 10
hemant.agrawal at nxp.com
Tue Oct 23 10:23:50 CEST 2018
Meeting notes for the DPDK technical board meeting held on 2018-10-10
- Bruce Richardson
- Ferruh Yigit
- Hemant Agrawal
- Jerin Jacob
- Konstantin Ananyev
- Maxime Coquelin
- Olivier Matz
- Stephen Hemminger
- Thomas Monjalon
1) rte_ether.h conflict with standard headers
- At present, one cannot use netinet with DPDK
- Plan is to add rte_prefix to the current definitions in this header file.
- Olivier will send a deprecation notice for 18.11 timeframe.
- It will be fixed in 19.02 timeframe
2) 18.11 preparedness
- rte_flow needs backup maintainer. Ori's name was suggested.
- ipsec library will not make it for 18.11
- json - we don't want to write our own parser, distros are ok to support jansson.
- ARM community to check for dependency w.r.t cross compilation case.
3) US DPDK Summit
- it was suggested to do the CFP review on time and send the notifications asap.
4) Techboard rep in Governing Board.
- Konstantin will replace Jerin for next 4 month as TB rep in GB.
- Konstantin to confirm.
5) EAL Split: proposal to divide the EAL and move high level init in a separate library.
- it can be taken for 19.02. It will help libraries like telemetry.
- Stephen raised issue with constructors
- they are causing issues in some environments.
- an alternate can be doing it via EAL with some kind of registration mechanism.
- need a more solid alternate proposal before we pursue this change.
- it was suggested to remove experimental tags from some of the APIs before 18.11, specially the ones used by OVS.
7) Next techboard meeting
- It will be on October 24
- Jerin will chair it
More information about the dev