[dpdk-dev] [PATCH] lib/compressdev: clarify usage of op structure
fiona.trahe at intel.com
Sat Oct 27 02:13:54 CEST 2018
Add note on usage of op structure and when it can be
accessed and freed.
Fixes: 63f4bfd5328b ("compressdev: add enqueue/dequeue functions")
Cc: stable at dpdk.org
Signed-off-by: Fiona Trahe <fiona.trahe at intel.com>
lib/librte_compressdev/rte_compressdev.h | 7 +++++++
1 file changed, 7 insertions(+)
diff --git a/lib/librte_compressdev/rte_compressdev.h b/lib/librte_compressdev/rte_compressdev.h
index 5b4fca4..7b68170 100644
@@ -408,6 +408,13 @@ rte_compressdev_dequeue_burst(uint8_t dev_id, uint16_t qp_id,
* @note All compression operations are Out-of-place (OOP) operations,
* as the size of the output data is different to the size of the input data.
+ * @note The rte_comp_op contains both input and output parameters and is the
+ * vehicle for the application to pass data into and out of the PMD. While an
+ * op is inflight, i.e. once it has been enqueued, the private_xform or stream
+ * attached to it and any mbufs or memory referenced by it should not be altered
+ * or freed by the application. The PMD may use or change some of this data at
+ * any time until it has been returned in a dequeue operation.
* @note The flush flag only applies to operations which return SUCCESS.
* In OUT_OF_SPACE cases whether STATEFUL or STATELESS, data in dest buffer
* is as if flush flag was FLUSH_NONE.
More information about the dev