[dpdk-dev] [PATCH 1/2] ring: synchronize the load and store of the tail
thomas at monjalon.net
Sat Oct 27 16:39:58 CEST 2018
17/10/2018 08:35, Gavin Hu (Arm Technology China):
> Hi Jerin
> As the 1st one of the 3-patch set was not concluded, I submit this 2-patch series to unblock the merge.
The thread is totally messed up because:
- there is no cover letter
- some different series (testpmd, i40e and doc) are in the same thread
- v4 replies to a different series
- this version should be a v5 but has no number
- this version replies to the v3
- patchwork still shows v3 and "v5"
- replies from Ola are not quoting previous discussion
Because of all of this, it is really difficult to follow.
This is probably the reason of the lack of review outside of Arm.
One more issue: you must Cc the relevant maintainers.
- Olivier for rte_ring
- Chao for IBM platform
- Bruce and Konstantin for x86
Guys, it is really cool to have more Arm developpers in DPDK.
But please consider better formatting your discussions, it is really
important in our contribution workflow.
I don't know what to do.
I suggest to wait for more feedbacks and integrate it in -rc2.
More information about the dev