[dpdk-dev] DPDK (v17.11) ACL table field format definition enhancement: 'offset' field covering headroom space.

Victor Huertas vhuertas at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 09:43:11 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I am developing an application with DPDK (v17.11) using a concatenation of
pipelines.
Now I find myself on the definition of an ACL table and more precisely the
format of the ACL fields.

One of the parameters of this field format is the 'offset', which indicates
the number of bytes till the start of the field to check.
All the examples I have seen so far assume that an offset value of 0 means
the start of Ethernet header and not the start of rte_mbuf struct. Is there
a way to place the offset start at the rte_mbuf struct?  If not, I think
that it would be a useful enhancement. That's why I propose it in the
developers mailing list.

What do you think about this?

Thanks a lot for your attention.

--