[dpdk-dev] DPDK Techboard minutes of Feb 13 2019

Hemant Agrawal hemant.agrawal at nxp.com
Fri Feb 22 10:43:34 CET 2019


Meeting notes for the DPDK technical board meeting held on 2019-01-30



Attendees: 7/9

              - Bruce Richardson

              - Ferruh Yigit

              - Hemant Agrawal

              - Jerin Jacob

              - Konstantin Ananyev

              - Stephen Hemminger

              - Thomas Monjalon





1) Windows compilers for DPDK Windows Port

- Thomas will send mail to get further update on Windows support



2) Community Survey on Tools and Process Pain Points

- Techboard will work internally to profile the survey contributors based on email address to avoid any abuse.

- Honnappa will prepare the final survey now.



3) Security Process

- What is the preference to choose between LF, a DPDK member, or an external service (e.g. Mitre) for CVE

- Ferruh, Thomas, Maxime are working on to collect more information. They will also contact LF for existing process for other projects.

- Progress will be discussed in next techboard meeting





4) Status check on static code Analysis Issues

- Coverity is not working for some time. It is in read only mode.

- Let's check with LF - if they can help about it.



5) Google Summer Of Code for Internship

- Stephen has done the registration.

- Maxime has sent two proposals on dpdk-web list. Such mails should also be sent to tech board for review.

- Currently Maxime can mentor one of the proposal but we need mentor for other.



6) rte_prefix for net structures

 - Olivier - to send deprecation notice for 19.05 release.

  *   Olivier to send new set of patches  so that review/testing can be done.
  *   We shall include the patches early in next release cycle (19.08) to avoid any other issues.



7) host the code of CI dashboard in dpdk.org

- Approved.



8) Status  of KNI ethtool

- 19.05 will have Deprecation notice to remove it. Followed by a removal in 19.08



9) Next techboard meeting



- It will be on February 27

- Jerin will chair it.





More information about the dev mailing list