[dpdk-dev] RSS hashing support on ixgbevf

Zhao1, Wei wei.zhao1 at intel.com
Mon Feb 25 03:28:35 CET 2019

Hi, Gareth Bradshaw

   What you said is not a missing or code bug, because ixgbe do not support vf port to config his own RSS hash type.
It is control by his pf host, it has the same hash type enable configuration as his pf host, so we do not need to expose
That in vf code by " dev_info->flow_type_rss_offloads = IXGBE_RSS_OFFLOAD_ALL; " in ixgbevf_dev_info_get.
But you can make a reference of i40evf_dev_info_get(), it has " dev_info->flow_type_rss_offloads = ...........", that because
I40evf can control his own hash type, and not related to his pf host.
These NICs are different in this point.