[dpdk-dev] running dpdk application on the same machine with other none dpdk application

Rami Rosen ramirose at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 07:09:26 CET 2019

Hi, Shirley

>In order to do that we isolated the dpdk application cores and disabled
hyperthreading for those cores.
>we are using 5 cores for the dpdk application (which is in fact 10 since
hyperthreading is disabled).

Short clarification question: did you do it with EAL paramater ?

Was it with
-l CORELIST / --lcores COREMAP EAL parameter ?

Did you try also the isolcpus Linux kernel parameter in order to isolate
cores from the general Linux scheduler?

Regards,
Rami Rosen

--