[dpdk-dev] ***Spam*** Re: Mempool handler ops index allocation issue

Eads, Gage gage.eads at intel.com
Tue Jun 18 20:14:25 CEST 2019

Sorry for the delay, just revisiting this now.

Memory zones won't be available in rte_mempool_register_ops when using static libraries (or shared libraries loaded at program startup), since the ctors execute before rte_eal_init() is called.

> > On the other hand, using secondary processes always looked a bit
> > dangerous to me (for several reasons), so adding a note in the
> > programmer's guide (your proposal 1) is also fine to me.

Considering the memzone issue, I'll go this route.

Thanks,
Gage