[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 28/2/2019
john.mcnamara at intel.com
Fri Mar 1 17:34:50 CET 2019
Minutes 28 February 2019
* Release Dates
* v19.05 dates, no change:
* Proposal Deadline: Friday, 1 March
* RC1: Friday, 29 March
* Release: Friday, 10 May
* Schedule web page updated accordingly:
* v19.08 proposal, please comment:
* Proposal/V1 Friday 07 June 2019
* Integration/Merge/RC1 Friday 05 July 2019
* Release Thurs 01 August 2019
* No updates
* Some patches to review
* Patches scheduled. Merged planned for 1 week
* Need a new sub-tree maintainer
* No patches
* Some patches available
* AF_XDP on target for submission in this release
* Questions about Ipsec and QAT additions. Should also be on track.
* The locking patches from ARM will have a big impact. The community
is asked to review and test them carefully.
LTS and stable
* Intel has completed testing for 16.11.8 or 17.11.5. Some issues were
found but they are currently investigating if these are genuine issues.
* v18.11.1-rc1 and v18.08.1-rc3 are available for testing
* 2.11.0 was released February 28
Static code analysis tools
* Coverity is back but new analyses aren't running
* Some other suggestions:
* CPPcheck: run periodically by Ferruh
* Sonarcloud: https://sonarcloud.io/
* LGTM: https://lgtm.com/
* Infer: https://fbinfer.com/
* We are looking for volunteers to run some of the other tools on the
DPDK code base to see if they are suitable
* Akhil is looking for co-maintainer for crypto sub-tree,
any volunteer please contact to Akhil or Thomas.
* Coverity is partially back, but new analyses aren't running
* Looking for suggestions from the community for a better or more stable
DPDK Release Status Meetings
The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to
discuss the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project
managers to track progress or milestone dates.
The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send an email to "John McNamara <john.mcnamara at intel.com>" for the invite.
More information about the dev