[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 7/3/2019
ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Mar 7 13:22:01 CET 2019
Minutes 7 March 2019
* Release Dates
* v19.05 dates, no change:
* Proposal Deadline has ended on Friday, 1 March
* RC1: Friday, 29 March
* Release: Friday, 10 May
* Schedule web page updated accordingly:
* v19.08 proposal, please comment:
* Proposal/V1 Friday 07 June 2019
* Integration/Merge/RC1 Friday 05 July 2019
* Release Thurs 01 August 2019
There is a discussion about deadline, to give more time between rc1 and
the release, please comment, if no objection we can update proposal:
* More patches planned to be merged today/tomorrow
* Thomas will check eal patches
* Will work on 'experimental' tag to remove, initially on 'eal' and 'ehtdev'
libraries. Volunteers to check other libraries are welcome.
* Planning a merge from sub-trees on the end of the week
* Features of the release to pay attention:
* Arm locking patches
* Need more review
* Windows patches
* May get only preparation patches for this relase
* Team is working on and target initial 'hello world' patchset upstream
* Mellanox is willing to contribute to the work, Thomas will organize
companies next week to work together including Microsoft.
* nothing critical/urgent at this point
* Four new PMDs, af_xdp, memif, ifpga ipn3ke, netcope nfb
* Need to start merging them, leaving them to the rc1 deadline will be risky
for the PMDs. Will ping authors in the background if attention required.
* memif has a dependency, need to resolve, needs review:
* reviews and new version of patches going on
* not much merge expected this week
* There will be some merges this week
* _Need support on BBDev and Compressdev work_
* No update, we need attendance from maintainers
* Stable trees
* 18.11-1-rc1 is out, waiting to be tested
* 16.11.9-rc2 Intel test result found some errors, Qian will sync more with
Luca on details.
* With release 17.11.5 Intel test result found some errors, Qian to send a
public report for the errors.
* 18.08.1-rc3 is waiting for more test
* RedHat validated virtualization part of it, needs more test
* It is not in current plans of Intel to test it
* Mellanox is not interested with 18.08.1
* With the missing interest and testing, should drop the 18.08.1 stable
release? We need comment from community.
* Including missing maintainer for 19.02 stable and lack of interest to
18.08, a wider question, should we drop short term stable releases
altogether? Need to discuss in mail list.
* Akhil is looking for co-maintainer for crypto sub-tree,
any volunteer please contact to Akhil or Thomas.
* DPDK stinks? Luca tested Sonarcloud static analysis tool, he says '(22000 code
smells flagged)'. More details on his email:
* Need John McNamara's input to compare Sonarcloud with Coverity
* We need to figure out if Sonarcloud can be static analysis tool solution for
DPDK Release Status Meetings
The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.
The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send an email to "John McNamara <john.mcnamara at intel.com>" for the invite.
More information about the dev