[dpdk-dev] [dpdk] Header stripping

Oana Orjanu oana.orjanu at keysight.com
Mon Mar 11 09:23:48 CET 2019

Hello,

I’ve noticed that, when doing Ip reassembly or Ip fragmentation, the header of all functions that do this operation requires the packets to be already stripped of the Ethernet header when reaching it. What is the advantage of doing it like this, instead of handling the packet manipulation in those functions? Right now, it seems to me that anyone who wants to use these functionalities must know their traffic pattern precisely and explicitly strip off the Ethernet of vlan header before having reassembly and fragmentation work.

Regards,
Oana