[dpdk-dev] How to use mlx4 as bond

chetan bhasin chetan.bhasin017 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 16:36:26 CET 2019

Hi,

I am using DPDK 17.11.4 with a Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro dual port card, one
of the features of this card is that both ports have the same PCI address.
i.e. there are two ports here but only one PCI reported:

# lspci | grep -i mell

0a:00.0 Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27520 Family
[ConnectX-3 Pro]

Is there any way to configure DPDK to set up bonding with this card?
Bonding requires two unique PCI addresses, is there a way to tell DPDK
about the two interfaces other than via PCI? I am using VPP to interface
with DPDK and set up the bonding via vdev configuration. Is bonding just
not possible using the two interfaces on this device?

Thanks,

Chetan Bhasin