[dpdk-dev] DPDK techboard minutes of April 8
ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Fri Apr 10 12:08:12 CEST 2020
Meeting notes for the DPDK technical board meeting held on 2020-04-08
- Bruce Richardson
- Ferruh Yigit (Chair)
- Hemant Agrawal
- Honnappa Nagarahalli
- Jerin Jacob
- Kevin Traynor
- Konstantin Ananyev
- Maxime Coquelin
- Olivier Matz
- Stephen Hemminger
- Thomas Monjalon
1) Make build system deprecation
- Make build support will be "removed" on the 20.11 release.
- A "warning" will be put in to make build on the 20.05 (this) release.
- A build abort will be put in to make build on the 20.08 release, which can be
bypassed with an environment variable.
- The current owner of the deprecation process is Bruce.
2) rte_atomic deprecation
- GCC 4.8.5 & Clang 3.4.2 compilers are part of CentOS7 & RHEL7 and these
distros will keep supported, which means those old compilers will be supported.
- Wrappers to let the use of old distros will be discussed offline via email.
3) 'app/test-flow-perf' acceptance will be voted in next meeting.
4) The next meeting will be on April 22 and Honnappa will chair it.
More information about the dev