[dpdk-dev] [RFC] Accelerating Data Movement for DPDK vHost with DMA Engines

Jerin Jacob jerinjacobk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 11:54:51 CEST 2020

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 2:56 PM Fu, Patrick <patrick.fu at intel.com> wrote:

> [...]

IMO, as a driver writer,  we should not be writing TWO DMA driver. One
for vhost and other one for rawdev.
If vhost is the first consumer of DMA needed then I think, it make
sense to add dmadev first.
The rawdev DMA driver to dmadev DMA driver conversion will be the
driver owner job.
I think, it makes sense to define the dmadev API and then costume by
virtio to avoid integration issues.