[dpdk-dev] VIRTIO DPDK

kumaraparameshwaran rathinavel kumaraparamesh92 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 23:37:07 CEST 2020

Hi All,

We are using 16.04 version of DPDK and I am using the virtio driver in the
guest VM which uses virtio_recv_mergeable_pkts in the rx_code path and I am
thinking that there can be an infinite loop. Please let me know if this
could happen and was there any bugs reported related to this and I see the
log "*vring descriptor with no mbuf cookie at*" continuously which is
invoked inside the function  *virtqueue_dequeue_burst_rx.  *Any pointers
would be appreciated.

My code looks like this,

1118     while (i < nb_used) {
1119         struct virtio_net_hdr_mrg_rxbuf *header;
1120
1121         if (nb_rx == nb_pkts)
1122             break;
1123
1124         num = virtqueue_dequeue_burst_rx(rxvq, rcv_pkts, len, 1);
1125         if (num != 1)
1126             continue;
1127
1128         i++;