[dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2020-01-15
maxime.coquelin at redhat.com
Mon Feb 3 15:53:16 CET 2020
Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2020-01-15
- Maxime (Chair)
NOTE: The technical board meetings every second Wednesday on IRC
channel #dpdk-board, at 3pm UTC. Meetings are public and DPDK community
members are welcome to attend.
NOTE: Next meeting will be on Wednesday 2020-01-29 @3pm UTC, and will be
chaired by Olivier.
1) Estimation of the rework needed for the new vDPA devices class
- Matan already posted the rework, including moving IFC driver
- Main driver impacted will be Mellanox
- LTSes maintainers are fine with the rework
- Thomas applied the rework to master branch, so that Matan can post
the Mellanox vDPA series
2) Action request for Thomas to add approved e-mail IDs to the security
pre-release mailing list
- Done by Thomas
3) UNH Lab decisions
- Technical Board proposed to have member companies to assign people to
add more tests in UNH Lab.
- The Governing Board approved the proposal for one quarter.
- Top contributing companies will be asked to assign one contributor
for 20% FTE.
- Thomas volunteered to manage this trial
4) Kubernetes integration status
- Proposal to write a blog post about DPDK status in Kubernetes and
- Maxime volunteered to write this blog post
- Draft review target on 2020-02-12 Techboard meeting
5) ABI check tooling
- Question about where/whether to store ABI dumps
- Techboard agrees it should not be stored in main DPDK git repo
- Techboard voted to have the ABI check being done by the CI with
scripts provided in DPDK git repo, vs. ABI check done at build time
- No decision yet by the Techboard on whether the ABI dumps for the
releases should be stored somewhere, or generated each time
More information about the dev