[dpdk-dev] Windows Draft Build

Dmitry Kozlyuk dmitry.kozliuk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 07:22:20 CET 2020

Hi Ranjit,

> This is a very interesting find. Will this change to a custom class allow the driver to load in the native (bare-metal) case, too?

I don't have a DPDK-compatible hardware NIC right now, so I can't perform a
complete test. However, I was able to successfully install netUIO with
multi-BAR patches and custom class for QLogic BCM5706C 1GbE (bnx2 family,
hardware ID PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_164A&SUBSYS_3070103C&REV_02) on bare-metal
Windows 10. Thus, installation and multi-BAR discovery works at least for
some hardware (can't tell for multi-BAR mapping).

--
Dmitry Kozlyuk