[dpdk-dev] Regarding rte_eth_rx_burst

Prashant Upadhyaya praupadhyaya at gmail.com
Sun May 10 16:05:52 CEST 2020

Hi,

I recently started using X722 NIC which uses i40 PMD of DPDK.
I am on DPDK 20.02.
I am seeing that when I call the rte_eth_rx_burst with last argument
as 1 (polling for 1 mbuf), then I am not receiving data via repeated
calls.
When I go for calls to rte_eth_rx_burst with last argument as 32, the
function does return the mbuf's as received data.

Is this expected ? Or this is a bug in the i40 driver handling this NIC ?

The polls to rte_eth_rx_burst with last argument as 1 works well for
the ixgbe PMD for sure since I have been using X520 successfully with
last argument as 1.

Regards
-Prashant