[dpdk-dev] 【BUG REPORT】l3fwd-power can not exit by ctrl+c

David Marchand david.marchand at redhat.com
Wed May 20 09:22:15 CEST 2020

Hello,

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 5:18 AM oulijun <oulijun at huawei.com> wrote:
>     I am using 20.05-rc2 version to test based on HNS3 NIC hardware, and
> found that after starting l3fwd-power,
>
> using ctrl+c cannot force quit. But I revert the patch(33666b4 service:
> fix crash on exit) and it is ok.

We had a fix in rc1 that is supposed to fix this.
https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit?id=613ce6691c0d5ac0f99d7995f1e8e4ac86643882

Copying Anatoly and David H. too.

> the log as follows:
>
> Initializing rx queues on lcore 26 ...
> Initializing rx queues on lcore 27 ... rxq=0,0,0 Port 0: softly parse
> packet type info
>

> Checking link status...............0000:7d:00.1
> hns3_update_link_status(): Link status change to up!
> done
> Port 0 Link Up - speed 25000 Mbps - full-duplex
> L3FWD_POWER: entering main loop on lcore 27
> L3FWD_POWER:  -- lcoreid=27 portid=0 rxqueueid=0
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 26 has nothing to do
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 sleeps until interrupt triggers
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 is waked up from rx interrupt on port 0 queue 0
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 sleeps until interrupt triggers
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 is waked up from rx interrupt on port 0 queue 0
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 sleeps until interrupt triggers
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 is waked up from rx interrupt on port 0 queue 0
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 sleeps until interrupt triggers
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 is waked up from rx interrupt on port 0 queue 0
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 sleeps until interrupt triggers
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 is waked up from rx interrupt on port 0 queue 0
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 sleeps until interrupt triggers
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 is waked up from rx interrupt on port 0 queue 0
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 sleeps until interrupt triggers
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 is waked up from rx interrupt on port 0 queue 0
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 sleeps until interrupt triggers
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 is waked up from rx interrupt on port 0 queue 0
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 sleeps until interrupt triggers
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 is waked up from rx interrupt on port 0 queue 0
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 sleeps until interrupt triggers
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 is waked up from rx interrupt on port 0 queue 0
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 sleeps until interrupt triggers
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 is waked up from rx interrupt on port 0 queue 0
> L3FWD_POWER: lcore 27 sleeps until interrupt triggers
> ^CPOWER: Power management governor of lcore 26 has been set back to
> successfully
> POWER: Power management of lcore 26 has exited from 'userspace' mode and
> been set back to the original
> POWER: Power management governor of lcore 27 has been set back to
> successfully
> POWER: Power management of lcore 27 has exited from 'userspace' mode and
> been set back to the original
> 0000:7d:00.1 hns3_dev_close(): Close port 0 finished
> User forced exit
> [root at centos-C3 build]#

So I understand those traces are for when it works.

What about the traces when it does not work?
Can you get a backtrace to know where the process is stuck?

Thanks for reporting.

--
David Marchand