[dpdk-dev] No telemetry legacy support print

David Marchand david.marchand at redhat.com
Fri May 22 09:47:03 CEST 2020

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 9:15 AM Jerin Kollanukkaran <jerinj at marvell.com> wrote:

> "No telemetry legacy support " prints pops up on all the default dpdk applications now.
> Is it worth to print? Since it using direct 'printf', we cannot even disable through dynamic logging.
> Is possible to remove that print at least, if non legacy telemetry init is successful.
> Thoughts?

This init function is odd as it calls printf in error and warning
cases and sets an error string when it succeeds.
Let's remove the two printf in this init function.

If we really care about the warning message, we have to initialise
*err_str to NULL (+ this must be described in the function prototype).
In EAL init, we can then add a rte_eal_init_alert with the error
string when telemetry init fails and maybe a warning message if
err_str != NULL.

--
David Marchand