[dpdk-dev] mlx5 & pdump: convert HW timestamps to nanoseconds

Slava Ovsiienko viacheslavo at mellanox.com
Tue May 26 18:00:01 CEST 2020

Hi, Patrick

ConnectX HW timestamp is the captured value of internal 64-bit counter running at the frequency,
reported in the device_frequency_khz field of struct mlx5_ifc_cmd_hca_cap_bits{}.
This structure is queried in mlx5_devx_cmd_query_hca_attr() routine.
So, with known frequency it is possible to recalculate timestamp ticks to desired units.

With best regards, Slava