[dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2020-11-04

Kevin Traynor ktraynor at redhat.com
Mon Nov 9 10:49:04 CET 2020


Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2020-11-04

Members Attending
-----------------
-Bruce
-Ferruh
-Hemant
-Honnappa
-Jerin
-Kevin (Chair)
-Konstantin
-Maxime
-Olivier
-Stephen
-Thomas

NOTE: The technical board meetings every second Wednesday in
https://meet.jit.si/DPDK at 3 pm UTC.
Meetings are public, and DPDK community members  are welcome to attend.

NOTE: Next meeting will be on Wednesday 2020-11-18 @3pm UTC, and will be
chaired by Konstantin.


Minimum meson version
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Honnappa will check details of which min version is requested/needed
- No decision at present

mbuf: move pool pointer into hotter first half
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Some free space in first cacheline/hotter cache
- Discussed what if anything to put there
- Option 1: enable API to allow request dynamic field to be there
- Option 2: move pool ptr or next ptr there
- Option 3: Mark as reserved in 20.11
- Decided that some optimization may be done over the next year so
better not to do Option 1 as it may be deprecated soon which is
confusing for users
- Decided to move pool ptr to first half of cacheline

BCM573xx and BCM5740xx deprecation
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Hardware support is being deprecated by the vendor
- Raised for awareness

pmdinfogen rewrite
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Maxime checked and this is ok on RHEL/CentOS
- Prefer to make this BSD licensed
- Deferred until 21.02

Deprecation notice without proper replacement
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Is it ok to deprecate without a proper replacement?
- No for marking API as deprecated (may impact build warnings)
- Yes for documentation/comments

Asia Event CFP
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Thomas will send around the previous CFP
- All to review and update

Asks from Governing board
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Ferruh is new rep to Gov board, thanks Bruce
- Slidedeck needs updates

Update on DTS usability
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Waiting for feedback, more likely after 20.11

DMARC mitigation on the mailing list
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Seems that not changing the subject can resolve DMARC issues
- When mitigations confirmed, techboard will decide on action, if any



More information about the dev mailing list