[dpdk-dev] Techboard Minutes of Meeting - 10/8/2020
Honnappa.Nagarahalli at arm.com
Fri Oct 9 01:37:50 CEST 2020
Honnappa Nagarahalli (Chair)
The technical board meetings takes place every second Wednesday on https://meet.jit.si/DPDK, at 3pm UTC.
(Trial runs on jitsi, backup on IRC channel #dpdk-board) Meetings are public and DPDK community members are welcome to attend.
Next meeting will be on 2020-10-21, and will be chaired by Jerin.
#1 ABI and API breaks in 20.11 - Pending requests to Techboard?
a) stats per queues in common stats
- Use xstats as the alternative
- Techboard decided to remove (deprecation notice in 20.11 and removed in 21.11) the queue stats from common stats (array at the end of the structure)
- Suggestion to do a POC to ensure there are no other dependencies
- AI: Ferruh: Communicate to the mailing list and send the deprecation email. Add documentation to indicate that the array size is limited to 256
- Telemetry needs to be updated using xstats only
- AI: Thomas: Improve xstats documentation and fix the underscore typo
b) pmdinfogen rewrite in Python
- Creates a dependency for build on latest version of Python
- CI needs to be updated to use the Python package
- AI: Maxime to check the dependencies for RedHat
c) minimum meson version
- Latest version of meson, 0.55, is not packaged with distros
- AI: Bruce to work with patch owner to check if an older version of meson can be used to implement these new features
- REL packages 0.49.2 version of meson.
- Looks like other projects are using the LPM structure members, not just APIs.
- AI: Honnappa: will take a closer look.
#2 Asks from Governing Board
a) Ask from Trishan for Governing board call on 2021 priorities. What Technical board want to achieve in 2021?
* Inspiration and actionable goals that are on the roadmap
* API/ABI support plans, new capabilities, CI testing integration, gaps that the Techboard would like address etc...
- ABI work to continue - increase the ABI stability for CryptoDev APIs
- Reduce barriers to adopt DPDK
- DPDK Interaction with Kernel
- Make it easier to pass arguments to DPDK initialization
- Using DPDK in containers
b) Review of Technical Section of DPDK "Golden Deck". https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1xD5R_WN8xMjEFcb6nBarHWNMRI5nrE0g-poKqc0M0HA/edit#slide=id.g9118ec1251_0_0
#3 Do we need a reviewer role in the process?
Techboard members to discuss this on email.
AI: Honnappa will initiate an email to Techboard.
#4 Call for reviews - ethdev and testpmd patches need review
#5 Next governing board meeting is the last meeting for Bruce to represent the tech board. It is Ferruh's turn next.
Agenda items not discussed:
#1 Update on DTS usability
a) UNH has started the document
#2 Security process issues
a) Ferruh/Stephen: Anything to discuss?
#3 DMARC mitigation in the mailing list
#4 Prepare the CFP text for a virtual Asia event in January 2021
More information about the dev