[dpdk-dev] eal: DPDK: 18.11.6 version rte_eal_init() function cleans the runtime directory in 5.4.35 kernel

Mohakud, Amiya Ranjan amohakud at rbbn.com
Thu Oct 15 18:07:31 CEST 2020

Hi Anatoly - Thanks for helping on this.

I am not aware, where the primary process re-creates the files. Can you please point me to that? As per my code browsing and understanding, I can see, fbarray_memzone file gets created in rte_eal_memzone_init()->rte_fbarray_init() and it stays there till eal_clean_runtime_dir() gets called towards end of rte_eal_init(). This does not get deleted in 4.19 kernel, but in 5.4, it does.

I'm not sure i understand. Primary process is supposed to clear the
files. It will then recreate them. Are you suggesting that it's clearing
them *after* it has created them?

Going by my observation, the file highlighted below gets deleted by the time rte_eal_init() is over.

srwxr-xr-x 1 root root      0 Oct 15 11:24 mp_socket
-rw------- 1 root root  12432 Oct 15 11:24 hugepage_info
-rw------- 1 root root 188416 Oct 15 11:24 fbarray_memzone
-rw------- 1 root root 397312 Oct 15 11:24 fbarray_memseg-2048k-0-1
-rw------- 1 root root 397312 Oct 15 11:24 fbarray_memseg-2048k-0-0
-rw------- 1 root root 397312 Oct 15 11:24 fbarray_memseg-2048k-0-3
-rw------- 1 root root 397312 Oct 15 11:24 fbarray_memseg-2048k-0-2
-rw------- 1 root root  16529 Oct 15 11:24 config

Please reach out to me for further clarification.

Regards
Amiya