[dpdk-dev] minutes of meeting 2020-09-25
ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Mon Sep 28 18:39:01 CEST 2020
Ferruh Yigit (Chair)
The technical board meetings takes place every second Wednesday on
https://meet.jit.si/DPDK, at 3pm UTC.
(Trial runs on jitsi, backup on IRC channel #dpdk-board)
Meetings are public and DPDK community members are welcome to attend.
#1 All ABI/API breaks without deprecation note requires techboard approval.
Please cc the techboard mail list to ask for the approval.
#2 Patchwork review process enhancement agreed on principal, target is
to highlight the reviewer of the patch and where a patch stuck.
* After v20.11 a work-group will start the technical investigation.
* For now Jerin leading the work-group, will ask Ali to join it.
#3 Security process issues, there are open security issues.
* Ferruh will gather all open issues.
* Stephen will find resource to address them.
#4 Asks from governing board
a) Prepare list of requirements / tasks for Technical writer.
* Bruce/Thomas prepared a draft
* Waiting comments from techboard members until next Wednesday.
b) Decide whether to extend contract of work on unit tests at UNH
* Agreed on principal to do more unit test work at UNH
* How to define, who to define test cases are still an open
* The request to all tech-board members is to join the CI meeting
c) Requiring unit tests for contributions
* A work-group will provide feedback about DTS and its usability on next
techboard meeting (2020-10-07)
* Work-group led by Honnapa, other members Stephen, Ferruh/Bruce, Jerin
* Can ask UNH to involve
Other items deferred for next meeting.
Next meeting will be on 2020-10-07, and will be chaired by Honnappa.
More information about the dev