[dpdk-dev] net/mlx5: no TX in multi-process setup (testpmd working)

RajeshKumar Kalidass rajesh.kalidass at gigamon.com
Mon Apr 19 15:33:45 CEST 2021

Hi,

DPDK: 19.11
OS: Ubuntu 18.04 (Kernel: 5.4.0-1043-azure)
Iface: Mellanox Technologies MT27710 Family [ConnectX-4 Lx Virtual Function]

We are bringing-up our dpdk based app on azure cloud, its multi-process setup (primary does dev_configure & dev_start ) - however no packet are getting transmitted out (Tx-packet increases upto number of descriptor and then all further packets are txDropped)

"stats": [
    {
      "name": "rep1",
      "txPkts": 1024,           <<<<<<----------------------- it increases upto number of tx-descriptors
      "rxPkts": 5408,
      "txBytes": 65536,
      "rxBytes": 346112,
      "txDropped": 4384,  <<<<<<--------------------- All further packets are txDropped
      "rxDropped": 96,
      "txErrors": 0,
      "rxErrors": 0
    }
  ]

However mlx4 driver is working perfectly fine on multi-process setup. Also testpmd working fine with mlx5. I guess problem is when we try to run in multi-process setup ?

Thanks,
-Rajesh

This message may contain confidential and privileged information. If it has been sent to you in error, please reply to advise the sender of the error and then immediately delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message. The sender disclaims any liability for such unauthorized use. NOTE that all incoming emails sent to Gigamon email accounts will be archived and may be scanned by us and/or by external service providers to detect and prevent threats to our systems, investigate illegal or inappropriate behavior, and/or eliminate unsolicited promotional emails ("spam").