[dpdk-dev] Windows community call: MoM 2021-08-04

William Tu u9012063 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 01:17:32 CEST 2021

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 12:15 PM Dmitry Kozlyuk <dmitry.kozliuk at gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> # Porting OvS build system to meson (William Tu)

> Issues:
>
> * vhost-user is Linux-specific.
>   [Omar] Microsoft is working on functional equivalent.
> * rte_version* not exported.
>   AI William to send patches.
> * rte_open_logstream() implementation relies on Linux-specific fopencookie().
>   We need a more generic facility to redirect logs.
>   AI William and DmitryK to discuss.
> * meson not finding DPDK with pkg-config, maybe meson bug.

To give more details about this for people who are interested.
At OVS side, we tried to link the DPDK library, by doing below at
meson.build file
    libdpdk = dependency('libdpdk', method: 'pkg-config')" , or give
it a specific path
    libdpdk = cc.find_library('dpdk', dirs: ['C:\\temp\\dpdk\\lib'])

However, it doesn't work, with error below
    Run-time dependency libdpdk found: NO (tried pkgconfig)
    meson.build:45:4: ERROR: Dependency "libdpdk" not found, tried pkgconfig

On the other hand, pkg-config seems OK for locating the dpdk library.
PS C:\k8s-antrea-dpdk-win\ovs> pkg-config --list-all
libdpdk      DPDK - The Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK).
libdpdk-libs dpdk-libs - Internal-only DPDK pkgconfig file. Not for direct use.

We are using meson 0.59.0 and pkg-config-lite 0.28
Currently we can work around it by linking the rte_xxx.lib one-by-one.
    rte_eal_lib = cc.find_library('rte_eal', dirs: ['C:\\temp\\dpdk\\lib'])
    rte_ethdev_lib = cc.find_library('rte_ethdev', dirs:
['C:\\temp\\dpdk\\lib'])

Regards,
William