[dpdk-dev] EAL: failed to parse device "XX:XX.X" on CentOS 7

Thao Hull thaohull at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 00:32:22 CEST 2021

Hi.

This looks similar to the problem I am having.
https://lore.kernel.org/dpdk-dev/bug-689-3@http.bugs.dpdk.org%2F/T/

I can't figure out how this issue was resolved on Centos7 per the thread.
Can someone please explain how to get past this failure error?  Just like
this user, testpmd works fine for me.  My device is in slot b3:00.0.   I am
using arkville on a bittware FPGA card.  My error is slightly different as
shown below:

EAL: Detected 24 lcore(s)
EAL: Detected 2 NUMA nodes
EAL: Detected static linkage of DPDK
EAL: failed to parse device "b3:00.0"
EAL: Unable to parse device 'b3:00.0, Pkt_dir=0xF0000, Pkt_gen=./pg.conf'

EAL: Error - exiting with EAL initialization

I'm using dpdk version 21.08.0

Any thoughts on how to debug, if not fix this?  I am new to dpdk.

Thank you!
Thao