[dpdk-dev] Failsafe PMD - Attach to Secondary Process

Kumara Parameshwaran kparameshwar at vmware.com
Fri Aug 13 20:47:22 CEST 2021

Hi,

Recently I was using the failsafe PMD with multi process scenario and found the secondary process was not working as expected. . I saw you were mentioned as the maintainer for this PMD.

I have attached the patch, please let me know if this is okay.

I think in the following commit, the failsafe driver was not changed, but other vdevs were changed.

commit 4852aa8f6e2125664698afc43b820bd787b02756
Date:   Tue Oct 16 08:16:30 2018 +0800

    drivers/net: enable hotplug on secondary process

    Attach port from secondary should ignore devargs since the private
    device is not necessary to support. Also previously, detach port on
    a secondary process will mess primary process and cause the same
    device can't be attached back again. A secondary process should use
    rte_eth_dev_release_port_secondary to release a port.

Thanks,
Param.