[dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-08-11
ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Mon Aug 16 11:34:43 CEST 2021
Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-08-11
Members Attending: 8/12
- Aaron Conole
- Ferruh Yigit (Chair)
- Hemant Agrawal
- Honnappa Nagarahalli
- Jerin Jacob
- Kevin Traynor
- Konstantin Ananyev
- Stephen Hemminger
NOTE: The Technical Board meetings take place every second Wednesday
on https://meet.jit.si/DPDK at 3 pm UTC.
Meetings are public, and DPDK community members are welcome to attend.
Agenda and minutes can be found at http://core.dpdk.org/techboard/minutes
NOTE: Next meeting will be on Wednesday 2021-08-25 @3pm UTC,
and will be chaired by Hemant.
#1 Extending stable ABI / API to two years
* No decision given yet, left decision to next meeting.
* Can continue executing the tasks listed in the excel sheet during v21.11
#2 Documenting criteria on adding/removing members to technical board
* Document needs further reviews, please review.
* Will set a deadline for the document review in next meeting.
#3 Atomic API
* Atomic built-ins used because of old compilers.
* If we can drop old compiler support, we can switch to atomic APIs.
* Discussion to drop RHEL7 is going on in the mail list.
#4 Exception path sample app
* No objection to have the sample app in principal.
* Details and design can be discussed more when patches are available.
#5 github repo access for extending CI for Arm support
* Honnappa and Aaron will figure out the details on what is exactly required
* Later we can crate an policy around it, right now it is for
Thomas/Aaron/Honnappa to manage.
More information about the dev