[dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-02-24

Hemant Agrawal hemant.agrawal at nxp.com
Mon Mar 15 06:59:56 CET 2021

Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-02-24

Members Attending: 11/12

   - Aaron Conole

   - Bruce Richardson

   - Ferruh Yigit

   - Hemant Agrawal (Chair)

   - Honnappa Nagarahalli

   - Jerin Jacob

   - Kevin Traynor

   - Konstantin Ananyev

   - Olivier Matz

   - Stephen Hemminger

   - Thomas Monjalon

NOTE: The Technical Board meetings take place every second Wednesday on https://meet.jit.si/DPDK at 3 pm UTC.

Meetings are public, and DPDK community members are welcome to attend.

Agenda and minutes can be found at http://core.dpdk.org/techboard/minutes

NOTE: Next meeting will be on Wednesday 2021-03-10 @3pm UTC, and will be chaired by Honnappa.

#1 Asia DPDK Event (www.dpdk.org/event/dpdk-summit-apac-2021/<http://www.dpdk.org/event/dpdk-summit-apac-2021/>) status

   * CFP notifications are sent to speakers

   * Schedule will be published this week

#2 Documenting criteria on adding/removing members to technical board

    * Thomas will prepare a draft to be reviewed by technical board

#3 Webinar Vs Virtual Event

    * Accepted the Idea to do DPDK community Webinars for specific topics e.g.  New subsystem

    * Thomas will check about the infrastructure available from LF to conduct Webinar.

#4 Out of tree driver support

    * It stopped working for some Windows based drivers since 21.02.

    * DPDK will support the Out of Tree Driver development.

    * It can be supported with a option in meson to export additional headers.

    * DPDK will not be able to test it and the support will be on best-effort basis only.

#5 DMARC on mailing list

    * This is impacting email delivery from dpdk.org, Ali already sent a follow

      up email describing the problem and with some possible solutions

    * DPDK (Thomas/Ali) will setup a test mailing list to check out the problems faced by some of the domains on trial basis by disabling header changes.

#6 DTS usability was discussed.

Next meeting shall discuss the DPDK Build config proposal.

More information about the dev mailing list