[dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-03-10

Honnappa Nagarahalli Honnappa.Nagarahalli at arm.com
Wed Mar 31 02:44:58 CEST 2021

Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2021-03-10

Members Attending:
   - Aaron Conole
   - Bruce Richardson
   - Ferruh Yigit
   - Hemant Agrawal
   - Honnappa Nagarahalli (Chair)
   - Jerin Jacob
   - Kevin Traynor
   - Konstantin Ananyev
   - Maxime Coquelin
   - Olivier Matz
   - Stephen Hemminger
   - Thomas Monjalon

NOTE: The Technical Board meetings take place every second Wednesday on https://meet.jit.si/DPDK at 3 pm UTC.
Meetings are public, and DPDK community members are welcome to attend.
Agenda and minutes can be found at http://core.dpdk.org/techboard/minutes

NOTE: Next meeting will be on Wednesday 2021-03-24 @3pm UTC, and will be chaired by Jerin.

#1 Build config improvement proposal
   * Discussion centered around the following issues
	- Ability to enable/disable compilation of libraries and PMDs. There was no objection from the techboard members on the requirement.
	- Ability to enable/disable #defines
	- Ability to tune the values of #defines
   * Few prominent points discussed
	- This will result in #ifdefs in the code (for ex: in testpmd)
	- One option is for all the PMDs to document their configurable #defines in PMD specific header files. Having these distributed is much easier to search.
	- Can some of the existing #defines be converted to runtime configurations? For ex: RTE_MAX_LCORE? This might impact ABI.
   * Bruce to think about converting the doc to a blog or an email on the mailing list. But soliciting feedback is most important.

#2 DMARC on mailing list
    * Ali Alnubani is working on the issue and will have a mailing list to test

#3 Documenting criteria on adding/removing members to technical board
    * Thomas has sent patches to the Techboard. Board members to review and provide feedback.

#4 Criteria for adding new members to security team?
    * Being known to members of the Techboard would be one criteria.
    * AI: Ferruh to put out a document or email to propose the criteria

#5 Testing leader's role definition
    * AI: Aaron Conole has it completed and will send it to the Techboard.

#6 Approval for blog on C11 adoption
    * Konstantin has provided the comments
    * Awaiting comments from PPC maintainers

#7 Update on DTS usability
    * Intel engineers working on DTS are involved in providing the feedback
    * If the test cases can be added to the unit tests, it should be allowed as well. i.e. DTS should not be made mandatory. This will provide flexibility for developers.

More information about the dev mailing list