[dts] Promiscuous Mode Feature

David Liu dliu at iol.unh.edu
Wed Jun 24 18:18:45 CEST 2020

Hi all,

>From my understanding, the promiscuous mode feature will verify the
functionality of promiscuous mode when it is on or off. The plan for
testing this feature is as follows:

Sending over a packet to verify the ports are working properly before any
testing. First to verify the promiscuous mode is enabled. With the
promiscuous being enabled, send over a packet and check if the packet will
be received when sending it to a different destination mac address than the
host/card. Then disable the promiscuous mode. The packet will only be
received if the mac address is the destination mac address. Otherwise, the
test case will be considered a failure.

Please let me know if there is anything I need to add on or if there are
certain cases I need to be aware of.

Thanks,
David Liu
UNH Interoperability Lab