[dpdk-moving] Minutes from "Moving DPDK to Linux Foundation" call, March 7th

O'Driscoll, Tim tim.odriscoll at intel.com
Wed Mar 8 17:37:47 CET 2017

We could do either. The only reason to change is that the moving at dpdk.org list was for discussions on moving to LF. That name won't be meaningful any more after the move is completed. Changing the name to charter at dpdk.org would make the future purpose clearer. It's a minor point though, and I don't really think the name matters too much.

> > - After it's baselined, proposed changes to the charter should be made
> on the charter at dpdk.org list. They can then be discussed in public on
> the list, and will also be discussed and voted on at a governing board
> meeting. A member of the board will indicate on the list if the board
> approves the proposed change.
>
> The changes must also be posted to web at dpdk.org.

Yes, that can be done too. I think the key point is that people interested in the charter have subscribed to the moving list but not to the web list. So, I think we should use moving (or charter if we rename it) as the list for discussion on future charter changes. Requested changes can be sent to the web list as well.

> > - We can also set up a private mailing list for the governing board
> once its members are known, similar to techboard at dpdk.org.
> >
> > Membership:
> > - Mike is working on the membership agreement and expects to have a
> draft in the next day or two. He'll distribute this as soon as it's
> available.
>
> Is this agreement going to change anything in the charter?
> If not, I'm going to send a patch for charter integration in the web
> site.

I think we should wait until we have the membership agreement from Mike, and people have had a chance to review this internally to get the required approval. That might throw up some proposed changes to the charter, and I think we should handle those via the current process and then baseline the charter when the project is launched at ONS.