[dpdk-users] no hugepage with UIO poll-mode driver

Younghwan Go yhwan at ndsl.kaist.edu
Tue Nov 24 11:52:01 CET 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to create rte mempool with my own memory scheme (shared
virtual memory between CPU & GPU) other than using hugepage. I'm using
IGB UIO module with Ethernet 10G 2P X520 Adapter NIC.

I first tried to disable hugepage by inserting "--no-huge" option, but
it gave an error at rte_mempool_create function. Then I found in
rte_eal.h file that said "no-huge mode cannot be used with UIO poll-mode
drivers like igb/ixgbe".

Is there a way to switch DPDK code to not use hugepage with ixgbe driver
or is it not possible to do so?

Thank you,
Younghwan