[dpdk-users] e1000 port stats

Van Haaren, Harry harry.van.haaren at intel.com
Mon Nov 30 13:18:40 CET 2015

> Hi,

Hi Sridhar,

> In DPDK/lib/librte_pmd_e1000/em_ethdev.c:889 (eth_em_stats_get), for some reason, ibytes and obytes are not getting update, ipackets/opackets seem to be fine (kvm using e1000)

I've recently sent some patches regarding stats for the e1000 PMD.

> (gdb) p *rte_stats
> $3 = {ipackets = 228635, opackets = 350, ibytes = 0, obytes = 0, imissed = 0, ibadcrc = 0, ibadlen = 0, ierrors =

The following commit in git fixed the issue you are experiencing:
67b38d9 e1000: fix total byte statistics

> This works fine on esxi guests using e1000.
I presume you are passing a VF to esxi? The igbvf PMD has a different stats_get() function to the igb PF PMD, so the bug would not be visible there.

> I'm using dpdk 1.7. Any pointers would be great.
As stated, Git includes the fix, along with some more updates like providing extended statistics via the xstats_get() API.

The commit mentioned above is a small code-change and fixes your immediate bug - it will probably apply cleanly to 1.7, otherwise it's an easy backport.

-Harry