[dpdk-users] Lcore impact

Alexander Kiselev kiselev99 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 18:31:30 CEST 2016

Could someone give me any hints about what could cause permormance issues in a situation where one lcore doing a lot of linux system calls (read/write on socket) slow down the other lcore doing packet forwarding? In my test the forwarding lcore doesn't share any memory structures with the other lcore that sends test data to socket. Both lcores pins to different processors cores. So therotically they shouldn't have any impact on each other but they do, once one lcore starts sending data to socket the other lcore starts dropping packets. Why?