[dpdk-users] Does any thing wrong with the DPDK sample l2fwd-jobstats

Wiles, Keith keith.wiles at intel.com
Wed Aug 17 15:10:24 CEST 2016

Comments inline.
Regards,
Keith

> On Aug 17, 2016, at 7:06 AM, Caianning <caianning at huawei.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>        I noticed that when the pktgen(version 3.0.09) port 1 rx rate drop to half of normal when l2fwd-jobstat shows Port statistics. (while l2fwd dropped packet is 0). And port 0 kept same as normal.
>         DPDK version 16.07.0
>
>         My cmd line as following:
>         Pktgen:
> pktgen -c 0x1ff -n 3 -- -P -m "[1-2:3-4].0,[5-6:7-8].1"
>           with port 0 and port 1 started

The Pktgen command line looks find to me and I assume the lcores being used are full physical core?

Is the

>         lwfwd-jobstats:
>         l2fwd-jobstats -c 580000000 -- -p 3

BTW, it maybe easier to see which cores are being used here by using the -l <lcores-numbers> instead of -c. Eg. -l 0-8 and -l 31-32,34 this also assumes the lcores are per physical core.

If you run the tools/cpu_info.py script you will be able to see the lcore/core relationship.