[dpdk-users] Performance issue with 82546EB NICs

Đỗ Hoàng mon120494 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 02:53:12 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I am using a dual-port Intel 82546EB to run the simple l2fwd application
(forward 64byte packets).

The result is terrible. My packet generator generates and sends about
320Mb/s, but nearly a half of them are dropped, and only about 160Mb of
packets are forwarded every sec.

I have also tried to run dpdk-pktgen with this NIC and It can only generate
and send about 150Mb/s.

My NIC link speed is 1000Mb/s. I am wondering why its performance is so
slow like this.

Please help me. Any ideas/advices are appreciated.

Thanks.